Unfair Dismissal Advice & Information From A Unfair Dismissal Solicitor In Cork
Welcome to Johnson & Co, Solicitors, Cork We offer a friendly, professional and experienced Unfair Dismissal advice service, whether you wish to initiate such legal proceedings or have been served with such proceedings.
Under Irish Employment Law, a dismissal may be unfair if:
- a fair reason for dismissal has not been established;
- Correct procedures have not been adopted leading up to and including the dismissal;
- The dismissal was for an automatically unfair reason (e.g. because you wanted to take maternity leave.
This page has some useful information about Unfair Dismissal . You may also be interested in our pages about Constructive Dismissal , Bullying and Harassment, and Employment Law.
While we have tried to provide some basic information, no website can answer all your questions. Do you live in Cork? If so please call now to book a telephone or face-to-face conversation with an experienced Cork solicitor.
Under Irish Employment Law, a dismissal may be deemed fair if an employer can show that it either resulted from one or more of the following causes:
- the capability, competence or qualifications of the employee for the works/he was employed to do;
- the employee’s conduct;
- the fact that continuation of the employment would contravene another statutory requirement;
- or that there were other substantial grounds for the dismissal.
Automatically unfair dismissals
If you believe your dismissal was related to any of the reasons below you could have a strong case to make an Employment Tribunal claim. With specialist legal support you should win the best financial outcome. Examples of automatically unfair dismissals would be:
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Parental leave
- Health and Safety reasons
- Acting as a representative in certain situations
- Seeking flexible working
- Being summoned or absent from work for jury service
- Taking part in protected industrial action
Too late to claim for Unfair Dismissal?
You must make a claim to the Employment Appeals Tribunal within six months of the date of dismissal under Irish Employment Law. A complaint form must be submitted within the time limit otherwise you will only be allowed to make a claim within twelve months in exceptional circumstances. At Johnson & Co, Solicitors, Cork our lawyers can provide you with legal advice and represent you at the hearing of the complaint.
More information about Unfair Dismissal
Do you live in Cork? If so please call now to book a telephone or face-to-face conversation with Daniel Johnson, an experienced Employment Law solicitor in Cork.
Book a consultation with an experienced solicitor.
Call021 484 7771
or email email@example.com